Re: PDF spam

2007-07-31 15:26:34
On 31-Jul-2007, at 16:03, Mar Matthias Darin wrote:
Scott Moseman writes:
Are there any good recipes for dealing with the latest PDF spams?

After spending some time studying the IP addresses, most (in my
case 98%,
YMMV though) originate from dynamic IP addresses.  I've had a hard
time
getting a good sample, DynaStop has elimited a good majority of
them.  I
might see 1 or 2 every few days make it through DynaStop.

That might explain why I was nonplussed about this issue when it was
first raised.  Anything that looks like it might possibly be from a
dynamic ip range is greylsited by postfix before the DATA portion of
the SMTP transaction.  I haven't seen any of the pdf spams (yet).

I'm getting quite a lot of the "i'm a lonely girl looking for
friends" spam, and the 'add me as a myspace friend because I had to
move my nudie pics off myspace" spam, but that's on my one account
that has almost no spam protection after the RBLs/Greylisting.

--
BUGS: There is no conversion specification for the phase of the
moon."  strftime(3) man page