Re: Procmail for checking outgoing e-mail?

2007-08-11 09:17:06
On Tue, Jan 30, 2007 at 08:44:06AM -0800, Professional Software Engineering
wrote:
At 23:55 2007-01-27 -0800, Wm. Vance wrote:

I've no interest whatsoever in snooping on anyone.  What I do want to do,
is kill off the emails that I absolutely know are spam/virii/similar trash.

The problem people are looking for a solution to is within the MTA, not
procmail.  The issue is that you need the MTA to be able to invoke an
external filter for inbound (whether relayed or for local delivery) and
outbound messages.

We use MIMEdefang for this sort of thing.  It is a Perl-based sendmail
milter, that is quite flexible.  A bit of a learning curve, but it can
definitely do the sorts of things the OP was asking about.