??,?: Remove mails older than 3 days

2007-08-16 18:32:38
Hi,

Well, the recipe to direct the message someplace would be the same, but the
process would be dramatically different.  For already saved messages, you'd
need to move the mailbox elsewhere, process ALL the messages in it,
re-storing messages which are not too old to a new copy of the same
mailbox, and shunting those which are old.  This would be invoked by an
external script.

One such example:

 Thanks, I got the example from the link and it works first time.

In my case, the mails has been sorted and discarded using whitlist and sat in a
junkbox.
The office administrator would still have to chance to fish good mail out if
there is a mistake and the idea is to discard it for good after 3 days.

Following your advice, I have to copy the mail, use formail to feed through and
divided them into two piles. It is not a hassle at all.

Due to the fact that I am using a Outlook-2000 on WindowXP for Chinese
language, the subject line in reply got changed by the system and appeared to
be funny.
I guess this may upset procmail's threading mecahnism. Any idea what one should
do?

Next question is any good link contain example for matching the Chinese lanuage
in the subject line?

rgds,
kfl. HK.