Re: One works, other doesn't

2007-09-30 04:48:01

 I also get Error while writing to

"/var/log/procmail.log" when
LOGFILE is specified in /etc/procmailrc. Please help me with these.

Does /var/log exist?  Do you have write privileges to it?

I touched it as root, so its permissions were 644 before. On
http://www.ii.com/internet/robots/procmail/qs/, it says Procmail will
create a log file or mailbox using a umask of 077, so I changed log
file's permissions to 700, but I still get Error while writing to
"/var/log/procmail.log".
You might want to look over Nancy McGough's procmail
QuickStart pages, also.

http://www.ii.com/internet/robots/procmail/qs/

--
The only thing to do with good advice is pass it on.  It is never any
use to oneself.