Re: read time limit exceeded

2007-10-11 08:03:50
Hi, thanks for the reply. I put a timeout there just incase one of the commands took longer than the default time to execute (1000 seconds from memory). There is no way that one of these commands are executing longer than the timeout specified though.

Regarding the lock file when piping to another program, the manual says that you should not use a lock file when piping, unless the program you are piping to outputs to a file, in which case this program does so that's why I use a lock file for that rule.

Dallman Ross wrote:

 :0:
 | /usr/bin/undeliverable.sh

Basically, do not use a lockfile when you pipe to
a program.  You hae done that several times here.
Remove the colon after the "0" on the initial lines
when you are running a pipe as the action.