procmail fails when delivering to symlinked /home

2007-10-11 10:34:52
Hi all,

I have a working postfix / procmail / maildir setup, current with
everything stored on one filesystem.

I also have a luks/dmcrypt encrypted filesystem mounted under /fileserver.

I wanted to move /home to the encrypted filesystem to take advantage of
the encryption, so I tried creating /fileserver/home and symlinking
/home to /fileserver/home. In this setup procmail stopped working,
although no error messages were generated. As far as I can tell, the
messages simply vanished. Running procmail manually produced no errors,
and no delivered messages. (Browsing the filesystems with ls or any
other bash tool appears to work just fine.)

I thought procmail might not understand symlinks, so I then tried:

mount --bind /fileserver/home /home
and
mount --rbind /fileserver/home /home

but the same thing happened - no errors, but no delivery either.

This is on a Fedora 6 system, with selinux disabled.

Is there anything obviously wrong working across filesystems like this?

- Mike