Procmail not recognising /etc/procmailrc?

2007-10-12 09:21:08
Hi,

I'm running procmail 3.22 on FreeBSD. I verified that procmail does work on my
system by following the "testing your procmail installation" in the ii Procmail
Quick Start. Procmail worked flawlessly in processing a .procmailrc file in my
home directory. Problem is, I can't seem to get it to do what is in my
/etc/procmailrc file. Either procmail doesn't recognise the /etc/procmailrc
file, or my syntax in that file is wrong.

I'm using spamassassin, and I want to send email that gets a very high spam
score to /dev/null.  In the headers of these high scoring emails, there's a
line like this:

My /etc/procmail.rc file looks like this:

mail# more /etc/procmailrc
# Directory for storing procmail configuration and log files
# You can name this environment variable anything you like
# (for example PROCMAILDIR) or, if you prefer, don't set it
# (but then don't refer to it!)
# PMDIR=/etc/Procmail

# LOGFILE should be specified ASAP so everything below it is logged
# Put ## before LOGFILE if you want no logging (not recommended)
LOGFILE=/var/log/pmlog

# To insert a blank line between each message's log entry,
# uncomment next two lines (this is helpful for debugging)
LOG="
"

LOGABSTRACT=all

# Set to yes when debugging; VERBOSE default is no
VERBOSE=yes

# Replace $HOME/Msgs with your mailbox directory
# Mutt and elm use $HOME/Mail
# Pine uses $HOME/mail
# Netscape Messenger uses $HOME/nsmail
# Some NNTP clients, such as slrn & nn, use $HOME/News
# Mailboxes in maildir format are often put in $HOME/Maildir
#
# IMPORTANT: Upon reading an instruction that contains MAILDIR=,
#            Procmail does a chdir to $MAILDIR and
#            relative paths are relative to $MAILDIR
# MAILDIR=$HOME/mail       # Make sure this directory exists!

#### End Variables section; Begin Processing section ####

:0:
/dev/null

:0:
* ^spam,[2-9][0-9]
/dev/null

# INCLUDERC=$PMDIR/rc.testing
# INCLUDERC=/etc/rc.testing
INCLUDERC=/etc/rc.renattach

When I receive an email with a spam score above 20, it is delivered, not sent
to /dev/null. Also, procmail is not logging at all, even though with this
procmailrc it ought to be logging verbosely in /var/log/pmlog

By the way, the permissions and ownership of /etc/procmailrc is    -rw-r--r--
1 root  wheel
and of /var/log/pmlog:   -rw-rw-rw-   1 root  wheel

Howe can I figure out why this isn't working?

Lisa Casey