[OT] Re: decoding non-ascii subject lines

2007-11-07 04:07:40

Dallman Ross schrieb:
Matthias Haker wrote Tuesday, November 06, 2007 8:14 AM:

Dallman Ross schrieb:

Matthias Haker wrote Saturday, November 03, 2007 11:27 AM:

 bq_Input=$MATCH
 bq_Dir="/etc/admin/procmail/inc/"
 INCLUDERC=/etc/admin/procmail/inc/bq.inc
 SUBJECT="$bq_Return"

You [b]other to set bq_Dir, but then in the very next line you
ignore your only chance to use it.  How about:

   INCLUDERC = $bq_Dir/bq.inc

without

bq_Dir="/etc/admin/procmail/inc/"

the whole bq.inc will not work

You have misunderstood.

I didn't suggest leaving out

   bq_Dir="/etc/admin/procmail/inc/"

I suggested USING it after you set it.  You didn't use it.
You typed the whole path in again in the next line.

Look upward again at what I wrote, please.

yes you are right , but i simple see it from a different angle and probably
i found setting $bq_Dir is neccessarry by try and error and my focus
is / was more on  getting the decoding mechanism to work than on elegance.

far more interesting is how and why $bq_Dir is used inside of  bq.inc
and the other files from the 101_bq.zip.

To  work with a bunch of recipe and  include files it is  a good idea to
have
all related files for a  funktion in a separate place.

in the 101_bq.zip there are some files who work together.
you can place them in any directory off your liking

inside bq_Test.rc
the bq_Dir is set

  bq_Dir = $_
  :0
  * bq_Dir ?? ^^\/.*/
  { bq_Dir = $MATCH }
  :0E
  { bq_Dir = "./" }

to work with these files in the current Directory.

Original bq.inc is included from bq_Test.rc wich perform some Tests,
loging and so on but i need it only to decode the Subject and dont
want / need to change the directory i am working in.

Of course it is far more elegant to use

INCLUDERC = $bq_Dir/bq.inc

or even better like in the original recipe

INCLUDERC  = ${bq_Dir}bq.inc

but, please dont get angry,
this has nothing to do with

'decoding non-ascii subject lines'