RE: forwarding mail

2007-11-09 07:17:26
Rene Borchers wrote Friday, November 09, 2007 9:01 AM:

I've changed distributions and now I  have the following problem:

When I use procmail to forward a mail with

:0
* ^From(_dot_)*a_user(_at_)domain
! other_account(_at_)anotherdomain

The mail is forwarded, but it is a complete new mail the old
mail is inthe body of the mail including headers and attachments.

My own idea is that procmail is using mail instead of sendmail. I no
idea how to change this?

Well, what is the value of $SENDMAIL in procmail?

From your shell:

  % procmail -m 'LOG=$SENDMAIL' /dev/null < /dev/null
  /usr/sbin/sendmail

What does your say?  (Is your procmail distro on the same host
as your login shell?)

If it's wrong, fix your binary or recompile procmail with different
defaults.

--
dman