Re: Lock failure

2007-11-30 08:34:13
At 15:06 2007-11-30 +0200, Tolga wrote:
Why do I keep getting the below error? I just noticed that it only
happens when a mail arrives at the main folder.

This looks like the same thing you posted about previously, when you also
didn't post the RECIPE which corresponded to the logfile entries.  I prefer
to use my psychic powers to predict lottery numbers, not figure out what
someone's recipe was.

If you use the 'f' flag on a recipe whose action is to SAVE THE MESSAGE TO
A FILE, then the flag is meaningless, because you're not PIPING THE MESSAGE
TO A FILTER, which is what the f flag is for (to differentiate from piping
the message to a program which eventually delivers the message, or can be
considered to have done so).

procmail: Extraneous filter-flag ignored
procmail: Locking "/var/mail/tolga.lock"
procmail: Error while writing to "/var/mail/_CDH.4oAUHB.ozses.net"
procmail: Lock failure on "/var/mail/tolga.lock"

The write and lock failures aren't unexpected - it appears you're trying to
create files in /var/mail - are your permissions set such that you SHOULD
be able to do that?

procmail: Assigning "LASTFOLDER=/var/mail/tolga"
procmail: Opening "/var/mail/tolga"
procmail: Acquiring kernel-lock

For your own MAILBOX however, you should have write perms, which is why
this works.

--
[snip]

Wow, a 23 line sigfile.  Once upon a time, people limited themselves to 2
to 4 lines or so.  Much more than that turns a message into borderline spam.