Re: Changing from global to individual

2008-01-04 16:20:19
On 4-Jan-2008, at 07:35, Skip wrote:
My current procmail script is pretty basic:

---------START-------------

:0fwhb
| /usr/bin/spamc -u mail

:0
/dev/null

This is not the way to do this.  Deleting the mail should only ever be
done at the USER level.

I have one user who has been set up as "all_spam_to" which causes
problems
with messages which come in to multiple recipients.  If that one email
account is a recipient of a spam message all recipients receive the
message.
I am seeing an increased number of messages with this problem and
the rest
of the recipients are starting to get annoyed.

And this is exactly WHY.

Can this script be set up as-is under each individual user while
disabling
the global script?  Or are there modifications to it which need to
be made?

Do this:

:0
* ! ? test -f $HOME/.procmailrc
{
   LOG="User has no procmailrc LOGNAME=$LOGNAME(_at_)$HOST HOME=$HOME$NL"

   DROPPRIVS=YES

    :0
    * ^X-Spam-Status:(.*\<)?Yes
       * ^X-Spam-Level:.*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*
       /dev/null

       :0 fw
       | formail -I "Status: RO"

       :0: $HOME/lock.$PID
       * ? test -f $HOME/Mail/SPAM
       $HOME/Mail/SPAM
    }

    :0:
    $DEFAULT
}
LOG="User $LOGNAME(_at_)$HOST has a .procmailrc, processing...$NL"

Now, your user who does not want any spam deleted can simply create
a .procmailrc that says

:0
$DEFAULT

(or whatever)

Note that one my system, the check for spam (the call to spamc) is
also within this block.  If a user has a .procmailrc, then I expect
they are handling their email completely and I as the system admin do
not touch it in anyway.  If they don't have a .procmailrc, then I only
discard the mail (again, after the DROPPRIVS) that scores 9.0 or
higher and put the rest in their SPAM mbox (I have a slightly
different procmailrc.common for the Maildir users that puts the spam
into .SPAM/ )

--
You try to shape the world to what you want the world to be. Carving
your name a thousand times won't bring you back to me. Oh no, no I