Re: Filter Incoming User per Domain to Own Folder

2008-01-22 10:57:56
James wrote:
Ruud H.G. van Tol wrote:

James schreef:

i wanted to sort out every user in my domain and put their mails in
their own folder in my inbox.

so if they send me a mail their mail will go into a folder labeled
with their name.

I assume here that the username is available as the user part of the
address in the From_ (also called the postmark):

   :0D
   * ^^From[ ]\/[^(_at_)]+@example\.com[ ]
   * MATCH ?? ^^\/[^(_at_)]+
   $MATCH/

yeah sorry i copied the wrong thing.. ehehe
i meant FROM

but thanks i'll test that out. This should help me greatly

-James

Hi guys in addition to this procmail rule i was wondering how to get a
user to auto subscribe to a new mbox file created by the rule $MATCH

Would there be something additional to add to the rule?

like if i were just shell scripting it i would think it would be
something like this:

`test -f "$MATCH"`
if ($RETURNCODE != 0)
{****
`echo $MATCH >> $HOME/.mailboxlist`
}

but i have no idea where i would add that into the rule.

Help is appreciated
TIA [ Thanks in Advance ]
-James