Re: variable in save file

2008-02-10 12:59:15
At 19:33 2008-02-10 +0100, Thomas Richter wrote:

There was a mistake, but after correcting it my variable isn't set to
any value ....

procmail: Executing "formail -xX-Spam-Possible-Language: | sed -e 's/
\([a-zA-Z0-9.]\{2,10\}\) .*/\1/g'"
TERM environment variable not set.

It would appear that your shell wants TERM to be set, and perhaps it isn't
invoking any of the commands you've specified as a result.

procmail: [21224] Sun Feb 10 19:27:56 2008
procmail: Assigning "MAILLANG="
procmail: Match on "."

And there you cut it off - WHAT happens with the message?  Surely it gets
delivered to kill.sbd/spam-  because $MAILLANG is empty, which would
indicate that the delivery part of the recipe is functioning properly, and
thus, it's your variable definition which is problematic.

cat testmail.txt | formail -xX-Spam-Possible-Language: | sed -e 's/
\([a-zA-Z0-9.]\{2,10\}\) .*/\1/g'
results in the desired result ...

... when invoked at a shell prompt, with a properly defined TERM.

What is your shell?  Why not set:

SHELL=/bin/sh

near the top of your procmailrc and see if that has a
difference.  Otherwise, you're going to need to tinker with TERM setting.

Can I no condition line?

It's entirely optional.  The absense of a condition is evaluated as TRUE -
the action will be used providing that the flags don't say otherwise (such
as an E flag).