Re: Procmail with postfix/courier and maildir

2008-02-22 16:01:23

On 22-Feb-2008, at 05:42, Michele Nicosia wrote:

Hi all,
   from the subject you may imagine that was a faq, but i do not found
exactly what i'm looking for.
So, excuse if i was wrong, but i need help.
Some time ago, more or less two years, i installed my server with
courier-imap,mysql and postfix for the delivery.

Procmail does not really work with mysql based delivery.  I did manage
to get it to work, but the steps were not particulalrly straight
forward.  If that is what you are doing, I can post the various things
I did.

The main thing I did, and everything builds on this, is put this in
postfix's master.cf file:

procmail  unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe
   -o flags=uhFORD user=vpopmail argv=/usr/local/bin/procmail -t -m
USER=${recipient} EXTENSION=${extension} /usr/local/etc/
procmailrc.common

This invokes procmail for all the virtual users (the mysql users).
Having peruser procmailrc files is more complicated, and requires you
invoking them out of procmailrc.common.

The time i installed it, i've founded the patch and suggestion how to
adjust procmail to delivery to maildir and naturally use it too (i
mean
the rules)....

er... procmail works with Maildir by default, there should be no
adjustment needed except to the actual recipes to tell them to deliver
to Maildir instead of mbox.

Now i reinstalled the machine and unfortunately the procmail patched
goes lost...
In this moment the only suggestion i readed on the list was to use
ORGMAIL/DEFAULT =$HOME/Maildir.
This works, on /etc/procmail  but the rules i wrote on the single
users
($home/.procmailrc) were completely bypassed.

Erm... we're need to know more about your setup.

If i remove /etc/procmail, all the mails goes to /var/spool/mail/$user

Is that the right place for delivary?  Are you using vitual_alias_maps
and/or vitual_mailbox_maps?

--
ワシは上陸した