Re: mail corruption with dotlock/nfs

2008-03-10 09:21:03
Udi Mottelo writes:
On Sun, 9 Mar 2008, Fletcher Mattox wrote:

Ariel Biener writes:
[...]
Are you using NFS over UDP ?  Are you using soft mounts ?

I assume you meant to write "TCP", not "NFS"...
[...]

      You have only two ways,  "NFS over UDP" or "NFS over TCP".
      The  "TCP over UDP"  is oxymoron.

My mistake.  I misread Ariel's words to read "NFS or UDP", not "NFS over
UDP", so the only way I could make sense of that was to assume that if a
disjunction were truly intended, then only "TCP or UDP" would make sense.
I  know quite well "TCP over UDP" is an oxymoron, though I will admit
it appeared otherwise.  :)  Sorry for the confusion.

Fletcher