trying to clear mailbox after running script

2008-07-08 08:48:37
My goal is to extract attached images from emails sent to a certain
email address. That's not the problem; I have a perl script that when
run on a mailbox it will extract all attached images and copy them to
another folder. The problem is that the messages build up, and ever
time a new email is sent, all the old images in the mailbox are
re-coppied back to the folder. I have a script that I can run which
empties the mailbox file, but I cannot get that script to run from
procmail. It refuses to modify the mailbox file. What can I do? Any
Suggestions?

Here's my recipe:

:0
* ^TO(_dot_)*upload(_at_)example(_dot_)com
/var/mail/upload