Re: Recipe not working

2008-07-21 15:25:30
On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 03:01:45PM -0700, Rem P Roberti wrote:

I wrote this recipe hoping that it would take care of the silly email
that you get from folks---you know, they think they have a funny joke
and decide to send it to four hundred of their closest friends.  Anyway,
here is the recipe:

:0
*
^(To|Cc):(_dot_)*(_at_)(_dot_)*@(_dot_)*(_at_)(_dot_)*@(_dot_)*(_at_)(_dot_)*@(_dot_)*(_at_)(_dot_)*@(_dot_)*(_at_)(_dot_)*@(_dot_)*(_at_)(_dot_)*@
/dev/null

To my thinking, if either to or cc contains more than 12 @s then it
should delete the post.  But it doesn't.  What am I doing wrong?

I don't know.  What do your logs say?

Your recipe works for me.

But while looking for messages in my cache to test it on,
I found one taht was no joke, but mail from a friend reporting
on the death of his mother.  Are you sure you want to /dev/null
these?  You will likely get some false positives.

dman