Re: "cannot determine current working directory" Error

2008-07-25 07:40:54
On Fri, Jul 25, 2008 at 6:19 AM, Matthew G. Saroff
<msaroff(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com> wrote:
I get a cannot determine current working directory" in my log.

This usually means that the working directory of the program (any
program, not just procmail ... note that the errors are coming from
"sh"), or some directory in the path between the root and the working
directory, has permissions that restrict access by the user who owns
the process.

This could be happening because HOME is set to an unreadable location
(either always or by assignment in /etc/procmailrc), or because
/etc/procmailrc changes directory (by assigning to MAILDIR) or because
the MTA starts procmail in a restricted location for security reasons,
or any of a number of other causes.