Re: new recipe filter...

2008-07-26 18:30:25
At 15:31 2008-07-26 -0700, Jim Seavey wrote:
:0
* OVERSIZE ?? yes
* ^From:.*(xxx(_at_)yyy\(_dot_)com|\
                 zzz(_at_)xxx\(_dot_)com)$

that trailing $ anchors the match to the end of line. Please examine the From: header on THIS message and consider how that'll affect your recipe.

As for bouncing a message back, I really don't want to do that for a lot of reasons. What I am after is an easy way to maintain the list of From: addresses that will be deleted as soon as they arrive if they violate the <SIZE POLICY>. This will only be used for people who absolutely refuse to cease and desist when they have been notified by the recipient to do so.

However, BOUNCING the messages would be a fine reminder of this policy - otherwise, they're oblivious that the mail they've sent violates the policy they ignored.

Discard SPAM, but bounce otherwise legitimate mail which you're rejecting.