Appending FROM: headers only to a local file: Great Replies - Thanks. Why didn't my recipe work ??

2008-09-15 23:41:28
Thanks All.

I had the following recipe and all that happened was a blank line appended to the file. It looked like a MATCH was found but nothing assigned. Why is that ?
:0:
*^From:.*Shane
 | echo "$MATCH" >> file

Lukreme:
I'm guessing your suggestion below places the result in a system defined file called LOG (which also appends rather than ammends) , rather than into LOG as an environmental variable which then becomes the file name ?

:0
* condition1
* condition2
* condition3