Re: Procmail and perl scripts

2008-09-26 22:18:42
On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 11:34 AM, W. Thornton Martin
<wtm2(_at_)cornell(_dot_)edu> wrote:
I want to call a perl script as a filter from procmail.  The recipe is:

#call perl filter
:0f c
|proctest.pl

How do I pass the current mail document to proctest.pl

Exactly as you wrote above.

Your perl script has to read the document from <STDIN>.

and have proctest
return information for Procmail to use? I would settle for a return code.

Procmail will consider the recipe to have failed if the exit status of
proctest.pl is anything other than zero.

If you want more help with how to handle the nonzero exit in procmail,
you'll have to ask a more specific question.