string search to exclude attachments

2008-09-30 21:24:46
Hi all,

I'm running a server based procmail config with postfix and in the fight
against spam, I've setup a fairly basic word list filter to get rid of email
with unwanted words in either the email header or body.

The problem I have is that often things like 'viagr' (case insensitive)
appear in base64 encoded attachments (5 in the first day would you believe!)

I've been googling and have read man pages, but have not found anything
conclusive on how to efficiently split out the header/plain/html content and
egrep that. Does anyone have any good pointers/links/configs I can use as an
example?

--

Regards

Nick Sharp

Valuation Exchange

Network administration - Systems

e  <mailto:nick(_dot_)sharp(_at_)valex(_dot_)com(_dot_)au>
nick(_dot_)sharp(_at_)valex(_dot_)com(_dot_)au

p 08 8373 5522

--

This email (including any attachments) is intended only to be read or used

by the addressee. It contains information that may be confidential and

legally privileged. If you are not the addressee, or you have received this

email by mistake, you must not disclose, copy or distribute it or use the

information contained in it (or any attachments) in any way. If you have

received this message in error please notify Megaw and Hogg National Valuers

by return email and then delete this message and any copies of it.

Please also contact us if you have any doubts about the authenticity of this

email. If you have received this email as a result of subscribing to a

particular distribution list and no longer wish to be included in this or

any other list(s), please send an email to
<mailto:admin(_at_)megawhogg(_dot_)com(_dot_)au>
admin(_at_)megawhogg(_dot_)com(_dot_)au with the

'unsubscribe' in the subject field and details of the list(s) from which you

wish to unsubscribe. This email (including any attachments) may contain

computer viruses or other defects. It is your responsibility to check this

email and its attachments for viruses and defects before opening or

forwarding them, and Megaw and Hogg National Valuers is not liable for any

loss or damage that may be caused by any such viruses or defects.