Re: Intermittant procmail error

2008-10-04 06:34:15
Dallman Ross wrote on Thu, 02 Oct 2008 20:54:26 +0200:

You are getting a pipe closing early on some longer emails
or when your server load slows down the processing.

That explanation somehow makes sense, on the longer mails and the
intermittent nature, not on the server load issue (the new server was just
used for testing and didn't have any "load" and the old server didn't have
much load either, even for old hardware). I looked up i in man procmail,
but this doesn't reveal much more info than I already have. I'm curious
what an "early closed pipe" is and if a mail body of, say, 50 lines could
already trigger that. And do I interpret man procmail correctly in that
the pipe will nevertheless close, but procmail will ignore that and work
on what it got (e.g. it will likely not get the complete body)?

Well, that's my guess.  Change the initial line to:

  :0 fbwi

Have done, will take some time to realize if that fixed it. Nevertheless,
many thanks already!

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany