Re: Passing mail delivery onto /usr/bin/deliverquota with arguments defined by procmail

2009-01-14 12:05:46
On Wed, 14 Jan 2009, Marcus Sykes wrote:
And my rc file is currently:
MAILDIR=/var/qmail/mailnames/$1/$2/Maildir
SPAMDIR=$MAILDIR/.Spam/

Try echoing "$1" and "$2" to your logfile, to see if they really
are what you think they are.... Or hardcode the MAILDIR to test....
Or use $USER......

and if none of that works, post your logfile here....

-Charles

#Spam handler
:0
| /usr/bin/deliverquota "$SPAMDIR"
#All other mail
:0 E
| /usr/bin/deliverquota "$MAILDIR"

As you can see, I run it through deliverquota. This works (spam is filtered
correctly and mail is delivered) until I go over the quota. Usually, the
message would be bounced back saying the the mailbox has exceeded it's
limit, but now I get nothing, no mail in my inbox or bounce to the sender.
The message does reach the logs, and is archived by my archiver, but seems
to go no further (it's not in the mailbox at least). Any help?

It seems to me as if procmail ignores deliverquota and delivers. Ideally,
what I want to do is literally just "pass the buck" onto deliverquota and
let it do it's thing, as if it was on the .qmail file, but instead of
"./Maildir", it may have a different value for spam.

Sorry for the long explanation, any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Marcus