converting .procmailrc that used to work with mailbox format to one that supports maildir

2009-01-20 14:47:39

 Hello,

   Has anyone developed a recipe that can do the following:

Assuming existing user .procmailrc files:

1. Convert the folder names for delivery to maildir format,
  a. Replace any "." in the folder name with "_"
b. Replace any "/" in the folder name with a "." (except for folder /dev/null)
  c. Add a "." as the beginning of the foldername.
  d. Append a "/" at the end of the foldername.
2. Replace the MAILDIR variable to be MAILDIR=$HOME/Maildir/
3. (optional) If a include directive is found in the .procmailrc file, then it should
   read the included file and fix it as well based in 1. and 2.

I've seen all kinds of recipes, but none does everything I described properly.

Does anyone have or know of such recipe/script/converter ?

best,

--Ariel --
Ariel Biener, CISO
Tel-Aviv University CIT div.
e-mail: ariel(_at_)aristo(_dot_)tau(_dot_)ac(_dot_)il phone: 03-6406086
PGP key:    http://www.tau.ac.il/~ariel/pgp.html