Re: Procmail recipe

2009-01-24 11:03:59
* Patrick Shanahan <ptilopteri(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> [01-24-09 10:59]:
* Dallman Ross <dman(_at_)nomotek(_dot_)com> [01-24-09 10:38]:

Nancy's point in her FAQ was simply that there is a completely
separate animal, the Maildir+ message-storing format, and that
it is not to be confused with the meaning of MAILDIR, the "magic"
variable that also performs a chdir operation, in procmail.

Yes, I understand this, but your explanation of presenting and
assiged value to MAILDIR constitutes a chgdir and the value of

sb /assinged/assigning a/

$MAILDIR is the same as $PWD clears the mud  :^).  I had never
considered procmail as working "in a particular" directory other than
those specified in the rc via vars and recipie assignments.

Considering this I can understand how my presentation/usage of
$MAILDIR could cause others misunderstanding and/or grief.

thankyou for the education  :^)

btw, in bash, $PWD works the same way.  Assigning a value to PWD is
effectively a chdir command.