Re: using flock in addition to dotlock/fcntl

2009-03-04 16:24:27

On Tue, 3 Mar 2009, Mark Hedges wrote:

Hi, I have a sendmail setup with procmail delivery that now
uses dotlock/fcntl for locking.

Is there a way to change the lock strategy, to add flock to
the mechanisms for locking?  I have a mess of conflicts with
other systems and a script I need to write.  That would be
the easiest way out, then everything could use flock across
the board.

Hrmm, I see, it is a compile time setting, I am using the
CentOS binary, which does not have it enabled, apparently.

$ procmail -v 2>&1 | grep -i lock
Locking strategies:     dotlocking, fcntl()

Mark