Re: How to use procmail with courier-imap Virtual-User?

2009-06-15 11:39:13
On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 3:00 AM, Michelle
Konzack<linux4michelle(_at_)tamay-dogan(_dot_)net> wrote:

If I am right, it does not work from scratch because the Virtual-Users I
have ONLY ONE account on the system,

That's almost certainly the reason you're in trouble.  You're going to
get into even more trouble soon, I expect, because unless Courier
performs a chroot of some kind, every user's procmailrc can
potentially read and modify other users' mailboxes.  (And if courier
does do a chroot then you likely would not be having the first
problem.)

but I can not get the accout name from the environment.

If you can't get the account name, how are you determining the value
for $DEFAULT ?  If you do have a useful value for $DEFAULT, perhaps
you can get the account name from there?

Really, though, I don't think you want to proceed along this path.
Virtual users like those in Courier are not really intended to be used
with external filtering applications like procmail.  They're designed
more around the assumption that filtering will happen after the mail
is fetched from the IMAP server, i.e., that the server is acting as
little more than storage.