Error when cat'ing file in recipe

2009-06-29 08:51:10
I'm using Alen Stebbins' ackmail.rc to send an auto-reply to senders
to a particular email address. It's generall working, except that it
throws an error when reading the text file that contains the message
to return. I get this in the logs:

    procmail: Executing "cat,/home/maildb/Maildir/ackmsg.txt"
    procmail: Error while writing to "cat"

The code in the recipe file that's causing this error is:

    # Replace the body with the ack message
    :0 fbw
    | cat $ACKFILE

Does anyone know why it trying to write to cat?

PS - this can't be a permissions problem on the file because
/home/maildb/Maildir/ackmsg.txt does exist and has permission
attributes 777.

PPS - Interestingly I get a similar error when it's executing an fgrep command:
    procmail: Executing "fgrep,-i,-s,someone(_at_)anisp(_dot_)com
06/29/09,ackmail.cache"
    procmail: Error while writing to "fgrep"

Regards,
Phill