Re: Why is procmail writing to stderr?

2009-08-12 16:30:20
Thank you Nick,

I had read the procmailrc man page, but didn't understand fully the statement: "any diagnostics or error messages will be mailed back to the sender."

It works like a charm now.

Cheers,
Steve

N.J. Mann wrote:
In message <4A832284(_dot_)1070100(_at_)rowyerboat(_dot_)com>, Stephen Allen
(sdaprocmail(_at_)rowyerboat(_dot_)com) wrote:
I'm using procmail as the MDA from getmail.  If Getmail sees
procmail has written to stderr, it will assume an error has
occured, even though mail is delivered successfully.  Although
there is an option in getmail to ignore this, is there an
explanation why, even when procmail delivers successfully, it
writes some logging to stderr?
[...]
And my procmailrc file:

VERBOSE=ON LOGFILE=/var/log/procmail

Swap the order of those two lines.  Have you read the procmailrc(5)
man page?

Cheers, Nick.