Re: Evaluating result of shell command

2009-08-23 23:05:29
At 03:02 2009-08-24 +0100, Stephen Allen wrote:
For the 3rd/4th lines, what I want to say is, "Pipe the message to this program, but only if you have execute permission".

Be sure you know who the recipe is running as (in a global procmailrc before DROPPRIVS, it's not the user).

       :0 fw
        * $     < ${SpamCheckMaxSize}
        * $?    test -x ${SpamCheckProg}
        | ${SpamCheckProg}

How should I do this?

Uhm, what sort of problem are you having trying to accomplish it the way you're showing above? What's your VERBOSE logfile have to say about it, and what are the perms of the file (and user)?

Note that if the spamcheckprogram doesn't read the entire source message (say, it bails after reading just the headers), procmail will assume the program failed in some way and will treat the message as UNFILTERED, which might be the problem you're having (but since you're not saying what leads you to believe the above code doesn't work, this is just a guess).

Is SpamCheckProg a full and CORRECT path? Is this running on a local mail system, or an NFS mount?