How to simulate procmail

2009-08-30 22:43:57
Hi,

I am writting a script to inform our users when they are over Unix
quota.

I cannot send them a warning by email, because if they are over quota,
the mail will bounce, but the script running as root can deposit a new
mail in the user's Maildir.

I am using procmail as my general MDA. Some of my users have a
.procmailrc file (for forwarding/filtering).

So the quota script should be able to examine the .promailrc files of
each user to determine the exact directory where to place the warning
message (or the email address where to forward it).

Examining the .procmailrc file would be better done by procmail
itself, so my question is, is there a way to run procmail so it would
laod a .promailrc file and output a list of destinations (local: a
directory where to write the message, external: an email address where
to forward the message)?

Best regards,

Olivier