Re: Split (\/) regex with optional component on left

2009-12-17 11:02:32
At 01:29 2009-12-17 -0500, James Michael Fultz wrote:
Does the following recipe look workable for use with listname_id?

INCLUDERC=.../listname_id.rc

:0
* ! LISTNAME ?? ^^^^
ML/$LISTNAME/

Yup.

Should the $NL variable be set somewhere (I'm assuming it would contain
a newline), unless the following section of listname_id is to be
commented out?

NL="
"

(note hard newline in there - the closing quote IS on the line following).

Or, you can skip the short logging rule - all it does is emit to the log that the message was identified to have been from a list.

Or, you can replace the $NL bit in there with a hard newline:

        LOG="List: $LISTNAME
"

After you have a few score of those throughout your rcfiles, you gain respect for having a $NL variable to keep the closing quote on the same line. <g>