procmailrc environment variables assistance

2010-06-27 09:48:57
Hi,

I am in the process of moving my mail filters to procmail from
Thunderbird and know that there must be a file called procmailrc that
will hold not only the environment variables but also the necessary
recipes to sort/move incoming email messages.

I have a file called procmailrc in my home directory but unfortunately
edited it without a backup copy. I would like to find out where I can
read about a list of the default and other environment variables so that
I can start using procmail. I mean I should be able to start procmail,
have no recipes and have all the email delivered into my Inbox.

I am assuming, and hopefully not making an ass of myself, that once a
rule is inserted into the procmailrc file, procmail can be run on the
Inbox to process the email in it through the filters.

The rules I have set-up so far are in a separate 30pg file and here,
after reading the man pages have done recipes with the necessary lines
of code, albeit that some of the matching rules need a syntax check.

Regards
Hylton