Re: crosscompiling

2010-07-19 16:18:47
FTR, all three of your posts relate to procmail-dev, whereas you posted to the procmail _users_ list. Certainly, the procmail-dev list hasn't seen much (if any) traffic in a while.

In answer to your various separatley posted questions (which all are one-liner questions relating to building procmail, so really don't need to be made into separate threads):

non-interactive build:
The build process prompts for the locking test - but that specifically has a block of text explaining that you can supress it using LOCKINGTEST in the makefile. Editing the makefile to set the locking mode, rather than having the build dynamically check for the supported modes should make the build as "non-interactive" as you might hope.

Is there some specific interraction issue that isn't clearly documented that you're having an issue with?

VCS:
No, not a public one at least (Philip Guenther, who is the present maintainer, may have a VCS somewhere, but it isn't public). PGP-signed source tarballs are available via procmail.org. Procmail hasn't seen development activity in some time.

crosscompiling -
        If you're crosscompiling, you obviously need to have an environment
which provides the necessary libraries, etc, for the system which you are compiling for. That setup is beyond the scope of procmail itself - you can certainly script to build targets in multiple directories, but that's something you'll need to deal with.