Re: procmail: Piping to a PHP script.

2010-08-07 20:27:32
Okay, guys . . .

I was able to resolve my issue by using a sendmail .forward file to pipe
mail to the script instead of procmail.  What I was actually trying to do
was pipe my mail to a PHP script which would then route the mail to a MySQL
database.  That script was not working (it was generating the same errors as
my echo.php file).  However, now that I'm routing via a .forward instead of
a .procmailrc, all is good (mail is being received and routed by the PHP
script).

For my own edification, I'd still like to know what the heck went wrong with
procmail.  I've used it for years and have never had any trouble with it.
In fact, it always seemed to "just work", if you know what I mean.  It
generally didn't matter how I configured it, as long as I checked the basics
(made sure the script executed from the command line, checked permissions,
etc.) it always worked great.  I've never tried so many different
configurations and had them all fail!  In fact, I have another machine
running the same OS (CentOS 5) with the same versions of procmail and
sendmail.  I have the same scripts running on that machine and procmail
routes to the scripts just fine.  The only difference I can think of is that
on the problem machine, I'm running a 64-bit version of CentOS and have
compiled all of my programs as 64-bit executables.  That seems like a long
shot, though.

At any rate, if anyone else is curious, I'm willing to cooperate.
Otherwise, I've found my solution.  Thanks to everyone who patiently offered
to help!

Regards,

Joel