how to delete duplicate emails

2010-10-07 18:38:23
Hello,

I've got  duplicate messages in an email folder. The SA does not
know what's causing the issue.  So, I need to delete them
I read I can use the following command.  However it just deletes
all messages in the old folder and does not create the new folder.
If someone knows how this can be done, could they pls post
how to solve it.

formail -D 8192 msgid.cache < oldfolder >> newfolder

Also, could you suggest how to lock the oldfolder while doing
the formail.

thanks alot,
henry