Re: Problems filtering mail addresses

2010-10-13 09:56:21
At 03:53 2010-10-13, Jostein Berntsen wrote:
I am subscribing to the Van Morrison mailing
lists(van-l(_at_)yahoogroups(_dot_)com
and van-m(_at_)yahoogroups(_dot_)com) but it seems like several of the emails to
this list is not filtered by my procmail setup. Here is my procmail
rules:

1. As already pointed out, your multiple conditions must ALL match. If you want to OR a pile of conditions, use scoring or a single-line regexp with parenthetical or'ing: (first_form|second_form|next_form).

2. Avoid putting errant symbols in with your recipe - your "clarification" is everyone elses' confusion.

3. By default, procmail regexps are case INSENSITIVE. No need to put in separate condition lines which differ only in case.

4. If you're matching for mailing list traffic, don't bother with the subject or the To: address - use the appropriate RFC headers - the listname_id.rc file which you can find linked from the site in my .sig should handily identify the list in such a way that you can just match a set variable, like so:

INCLUDERC=listname_id.rc

:0
* LISTNAME ?? ^^van-(m|l|info)^^
innboks/VAN/

You'd need to check to see what the actual listnames are - they won't necessarily be the email address. You can include the listname_id.rc without actually filing the message, and then examing your logfiles to see what the LISTNAME gets set to.