Re: Procmail and perl

2010-11-04 10:53:57
On 03.11.10,10:51, Emmanuel Buamah wrote:
Hi,

There is this project I am about to work on. The whole picture of the
project is that, we have a mail server (qmail) and a ticketing
system(kayako) and an mssql database that contains clintes and other
information.

Now what I want to do is, write a perl script that will querry the mssql
 database to check if the email coming is from a client or not. procmail
 I will configure to make this script run base on the email header. If
the email is going to support(_at_)ourdomain(_dot_)com,
 the the script is going to run. When the user exist in the database,
the script wil have to rewrite the subject hearder of the email and add
the account manager of the client's code in the database to it and
report to procmail where procmail will take it over from there.

Please who have an idea on how I can start this? I have already
connected from the qmal to the mssql database uging DBI and odbc.

Or in other words:

How do I process procmail parameters in perl? And base on the scripts
exit Code, procmail will know what to do. I know how to make the
procmail run the script already.

If your perl script returns an exit code you check on that in your F
procmail file and rewrite the header with formail.

Jostein