Re: formail question

2010-12-20 17:35:39
On Mon, Dec 20, 2010 at 04:32:55PM -0500, Jude DaShiell wrote:
I have some large files containing email in the mbox format I would
like to copy and convert into multiple single messages in a ~/mail
directory. A few of those messages got flagged by clamav for having
malware in them and if I could split the mbox file into individual
message files I could have clamscan scan all of them for me and
delete those with malware in them leaving the rest of the messages
for me to use and dispose of later. Might this be a job formail can
do for me or is some other utility needed?

Run a search on mbox to maildir.

--
Bob Holtzman
Key ID: 8D549279