Re: Problem using mbox format

2010-12-30 07:57:18
Moin!

How do I have to configure that the mails should be delivered into

/var/mail/user/user

they are current delivered to

/var/mail/user/msg.xxx

?

Thanks, Sandra

Am 30.12.2010 um 12:15 schrieb Alan Clifford:

On Thu, 30 Dec 2010, Sandra Weddig wrote:

My conf for procmail looks now like:

# ~/.procmailrc
PATH="/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin"
MAILDIR="/var/mail"
DEFAULT="/var/mail"
LOGFILE="/var/mail/procmail.log"
SHELL="/bin/sh"
VERBOSE="on"

Nothing changed, still same problem :(

Are you delivering to the /var/mail directory or to a file in the / var/mail/directory?

With that $DEFAULT, it is likely you are delivering to a directory. To deliver mbox, you need to deliver to a file. But please check the documentation on this:

man procmailrc

"If it is a (possibly yet nonexistent) filename, the mail will be appended to it. If it is a directory, the mail will be delivered to a newly created, guaranteed to be unique file named $MSGPREFIX* in the specified directory."

The / business is to do with MH style folders I think.

--
Alan

(  Please address personal email to alan+1@ as email to lists@
  is only read from my subscribed lists. )