Re: How to use Procmail to remove messages from server after x number of days

2011-03-01 12:48:42
On Tue, 2011-03-01 at 23:04 +0700, Tim Rice wrote:
Hi All,

I'm not sure if this is even possible, but I would like to automatically
remove all mail for all users after 10 days using Procmail.

Thanks in advance for any ideas on if, or how to get this working. If
anyone knows of a link to a how to article on this it would be much
appreciated as well.

Hello,

I don't know if I'm missing something here, but there is a tool made
just for this job (the *nix philosophy - do one thing and do it well -
use the right tool for the job).

That tool is (imho) archivemail - http://archivemail.sourceforge.net/

It can be configured to archive or delete mail over a user-specified age
and it can leave flagged mail or unread mail in place (if that's what
you want).

Look into it and see if it does what you need...

Best regards.