Re: How to replace a string in email body

2011-03-04 03:32:38
On 2011-03-03 21:06, Professional Software Engineering wrote:
At 10:03 2011-03-03, Ruud H.G. van Tol wrote:

Procmail itself doesn't do text replacement.

http://www.xs4all.nl/~rvtol/procmail/snr_demo.rc

Ok, I'll go with "those of us who have retained some grasp on our sanity
cannot accomplish text replacement within procmail without invoking
another process."

Yeah. I once created that in an environment that didn't allow any shell operations. It allowed sed, but part of the fun was to go to the extreme. I still like how the procmail-mktime turned out.

If I were using a host on which I couldn't simply use sed, I'd look for
another host.

I still maintain that you'll run into issues with message encoding.

There are examples on how to do that as well, but it is indeed very tricky, so it will be hard to really save cpu-cycles there.

--
Ruud