Re: Playing a sound

2012-04-17 15:04:26
Hi,

I am running Debian ... I think I know how to do it now ...

Thank You

Danny

On Apr 17 12, Andrew Edelstein :
To: procmail(_at_)lists(_dot_)RWTH-Aachen(_dot_)de
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2012 14:54:42 -0500
From: Andrew Edelstein <andrew(_at_)pure-chaos(_dot_)com>
Subject: Re: Playing a sound

On 04/17/2012 02:27 PM, Danny wrote:
Is it possible to play a soundfile when procmail encounters mail from a
certain
e-mail address?
That depends on your operating system, is your mailbox server also your
workstation, etc.
Generally, assuming your workstation is the same machine where Procmail
is running, this is fairly trivial. You just need the "action" of your
procmail recipe to include calling your sound player program, presumably
telling it what sound file to play. You may have to monkey around with
user/permissions a bit so that the user that's running the procmail
script has permission to access your sound device. Presumably if
procmail is being run as you, and you are logged into X windows, this is
a non-issue as you will have permission to access the sound device.

--
Andrew Edelstein - andrew(_at_)pure-chaos(_dot_)com
https://andrew.pure-chaos.com/