Re: detect an email with japanese characters

2012-05-23 17:49:37
PSE-L(_at_)mail(_dot_)professional(_dot_)org (Professional Software
Engineering) spake on Tuesday 22-May-2012@21:58:42
At 19:33 2012-05-22, Konstantin wrote:

Great! Thank you all for suggestions.

One late arrival:

Check out "furrin.rc" at:

<http://www.professional.org/procmail/spam.html>

That groups various character sets and checks for hibit characters, etc.
There are a number of links to references and pertinent RFCs as well.

I wrote it quite a few years ago (last time that was even altered was 9 years
ago), and it's been quite effective for me.

furrin.rc does a pretty decent job, but i there are no habit characters in the
subject, as there often aren't, then it fails on utf-8 encoded foreign spam.
OTOH, body checks for habit seem a rather high price to pay.

--
Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain.