Re: PARP ::was::::Re: procmail abandonded?

2012-05-24 22:11:22
Hello LuKreme,

Thank you for your reply!

Please see inline comments

On 05/24/12 05:21 PM, LuKreme wrote:
Jerry K spake on Wednesday 23-May-2012@19:46:38

Has anyone looked at/or is using PARP as a procmail replacement?

http://adamspiers.org/computing/parp/

In my brief review, it seems to have several pluses and minuses.

Well, yes. The pluses are rather large, but the minuses are rather
larger. I can't see using something like this for an entire site, for
example. It seems targeted at specific types of filtering, and is not a
general purpose tool like procmail.

After reviewing the web site and the documentation, I had similar
thoughts.  I really just wanted to bounce it off the mailing list
community and see if I was missing something.

I am getting less an less happy with procmail, honestly. It takes
more effort to deal with some types of mail that are much more common today
than they were 10-15 years ago, but I haven't found anything that I
thought was worth the effort of switching to, either.

I am at the same spot.  I had a "wild hair" yesterday to go search
around for either a replacement, or to see if there were any efforts to
update procmail or fork it.  Sadly, nothing on the procmail/procmail
fork front.

I reviewed Sieve, Mail Drop and a couple of others.  PARP was one I had
not seen previously.

As dated as procmail is in its current state, there is still nothing
else out there that does as much as it does.

Again,  thank you for your reply,

Jerry