Re: Duplicate emails

2014-10-23 00:39:54
On 22 Oct 2014, at 22:04 , Mathias Bauer <mbauer(_at_)mailbox(_dot_)org> wrote:
* LuKreme wrote on Wed, 22 Oct 2014, at 20:46 (-0600):

:0c
/backups/imap.backups

If that fails, the duplicate message falls through.

Is there anyway to trap that so that a duplicate is not
generated if the write of the copy fails?

:0 c
/backups/imap.backups

:0 e
{
 EXITCODE=75
 HOST
}

When unsetting HOST, processing of the current rcfile will
immediately cease.  The mail is returned to the queue, so that
the MTA will retry to deliver it later.  Code 75 is for
EX_TEMPFAIL in `/usr/include/sysexits.h’.

Oh right. I knew that. Once. A decade or more ago.

--
You have the effrontery to be squeamish, it thought at him. But we were
dragons. We were supposed to be cruel, cunning, heartless, and terrible.