Re: help with a procmailrc recipe

2014-11-29 05:44:45
* Zhiliang Hu wrote:
For this "small" portion of mails, I wrote a recipe to send automated
inquery mails to verify if a suspecious mail is from a human-being: if it
gets a human reply to confirm, the saved mail gets further delivered; if
the inquery mail gets bounced, the saved mail gets deleted.

I wouldn't recommend that approach. If the spammer uses my address in
the "From" line, you send your confirmation message to me? Thank you
very much. But really, would you want to receive and have to answer such
confirmations yourself? And would they even survive your filters, so
you'd get to see them at all?

/HW

--
Holger Wahlen, Cologne, Germany