Re: Any dangers with this recipe?

2015-03-23 12:35:14
On Mar 23, 2015, at 09:22, Alan Clifford <lists(_at_)clifford(_dot_)ac> wrote:
Firstly, I politely asked a company to stop sending emails to an address.
They said the couldn't and I think they quoted the data protection act. They
said I had to do it myself on their website.  Hmmm, was that true?

Maybe? Not sure where you are, but a lot of rules about email are very spammer
friendly, so maybe?

Any problems/dangers

I don’t see any issues.

Can you simply blacklist the company at the server level so they never get to
deliver their spam?

I would hate to be wasting my resources processing their shit.

For example, I was unable to unsubscribe from the emails for Star Wars the Old
Republic because I was required to login to my account to do so, but my account
had expired because I’d not logged on in months so it was impossible to login.

header_checks.pcre:

d/^To:.*kreme+tor/             REJECT You require passwords to unsubscribe,
therefore you are spammer scum

They finally got a clue after about a year of rejections, so I *could* remove
the rule, but I don’t because I like seeing it every now and then. The last
email I got from them was in April 2013 and the last rejection I saw in my logs
was in Feb of 2014. I stopped playing in Jan of 2012.

--
"He loves Nature in spite of what it did to him." - Forrest Tucker