Re: Time-based filtering in Procmail

2015-06-01 01:27:20

On 2015-06-01 05:38, @lbutlr wrote:
On Sat May 30 2015 03:51:46 rvtol(_at_)isolution(_dot_)nl said:

procmail mktime

Thanks. I found a lot of posts referring to it, but it took me some time to
find the actual file.

<http://rvtol.home.xs4all.nl/procmail/inc/mktime.103.rc.inc>

And while this will prove useful, it is not really what I was looking for. I
want to do something different with a message if it arrives, for example,
between 3am and 6am, or maybe 500 to 2130.

I’m cheating now by just calling perl.

* ? /usr/bin/perl -e 'use POSIX qw(strftime); $now_hour = strftime "%H", localtime;
…

and ignoring the headers. Working well enough for now.

OK, I was assuming that the rest of it is just simple logic.

The hour-value can be tested in several ways, to set the delivery target. For example by regex, or a lookup list, or scoring, etc.

--
Ruud